Education at Kids Ark
Kids Ark runs two pre-schools and one primary school. Pre-schoolers graduate after two years and continue on through our primary school to Grade 6.
We use the national curriculum, teaching in both Tetun and Portuguese. All our teachers are Timorese, assisted at times by our other full time staff.
Our school director is Soraya Nepomuceno.
Centro de Ensino-ALPHA primary school and Kids Ark Pre-school will provide excellent education through innovative teaching in order to inspire and empower each individual for a better future, and to be released in their potential to serve.
Centro de Ensino-ALPHA/Kids Ark Preschool will endeavour to:
- maintain a working partnership with parents and community.
- create a network of support with individuals, organizations and Government within East Timor and the nations to ensure provision of resources.
- assist teachers with their professional development, ongoing training and gaining qualifications in order for them to provide purposeful teaching.
- quality learning for the student which will produce change in skills and knowledge.
- create a desire and ability for individuals to continue on with higher education and life long learning.
- ensure development of character, positive attitudes and behaviour are based on the word of God and the example of discipling by Jesus Christ.
Sponsor a child
See how you can help raise a new generation by sponsoring a child's education - take a look at our Help A Child page.
Kids Ark teachers are periodically assisted from visiting overseas teachers.
Keith from WA teaching science to the teachers.
Practical time , fun learning!
You Tube - Kids Ark
After two years of preschool education, the children graduate to first grade. The locals love a time to celebrate, and the kids do just this in their formal graduation gowns.